KloudGin is looking for a seasoned DevOps architect on AWS landscape, who has worked with application development teams in building high scalable, Highly available and fault tolerant applications. Excellent communication skills are expected to work with Senior leadership internally and Network specialists with external teams / customers.
The Architect will be working in a very challenging environment and would have the ownership to implement and optimize the processes, and prepare the architecture for scaling up in the next few years inline with KloudGin growth plan.
- More than 6 years experience in designing or managing Cloud Architecture for companies, overall experience could be higher.
- Should be able to work with the Product Development team to ensure smooth transition of Product releases to the Customer Environments.
- Should be able to identify areas of automation to reduce manual activities.
- Should be a Cloud evangelist having interest in latest industry trends for Cloud Architecture management.
- Good understanding of web Application layer based on Apache Tomcat application.
- Should have a detailed understanding of AWS components and services.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect certification is desired.
- Should have experience in Design and Deployment of Highly scalable,fault tolerant and resilient application on cloud using components of EC2, RDS and NOSQL databases.
- Should have in depth understanding on IAM module of AWS to secure the AWS landscape as per Best practices.
- Should be adept in setting up Infrastructure as a Code on Cloud Platform like AWS using Terraform / Cloud formation templates.
- Should have a good understanding of read- write replicas to be configured for RDS for higher scalability / performance needs.
- Should be adept on Unix Shell Scripting
- Good hands-on programming with one of the programming languages to be using in automation – Java, Python
- Good understanding of one of the Configuration management tools / language like Ansible / Chef.
- Understanding of NOSQL databases like Mongo to query and be able to analyze data stored in mongo with queries.
- Scripting with Mongo queries would be Good to have
- Basic understanding of working with Relational Database like MySQL for analysis of database related issues.
- Optimize the KloudGin application landscape built using basic building blocks of AWS including VPC, Route53, All EC2 components, RDS.
- Design and Deployment of Highly scalable,fault tolerant and resilient application on cloud using components of EC2, RDS and NOSQL databases.
- Enable the creation of KloudGin application landscape in new regions of AWS to enable customers in Europe and APAC on KloudPlatform.
- Reduce the RTO for KloudGin for DR processes using automation techniques in DevOps.
- Strong experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible & Chef.
- Setting up highly available architecture for NOSQL database / servers using Autoscaling to accommodate varying workloads and scale up/ down as per the application usage.
- Understanding of various monitoring services in AWS including Cloudwatch.
- Setting up processes to translate the AWS usage cost directly to the customer based on optimum monitoring and tagging.
- Limit the exposure of credentials at all levels, strengthen processes for rotation of credentials across all components of application and landscape.
- Review and setup processes to adopt new services of AWS based on KloudGin Product roadmap and Customer requirements like AWS Connect, QuickSight.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of automation tools like Jenkins,AWS Code Deploy for CI-CD Pipeline.
- Integration of external components with the Jenkins / Code deploy flows to ensure Security for the application.
- Adherence and implementation of Best practices for Application setup and deployment on Cloud.
- Identify areas of performance improvement on the application / optimization of workload to utilize the resources optimally.
General Management Activities
- Identify areas of automation in the DevOps processes and set them into projects to reduce human errors and time spent on trivial activities.
- Liaise with Customer Success Teams / Product Development / Security Ops team to uptake the enhancements on the DevOps processes and architecture.
- Liaise with AWS Account managers and Solution Architects to get the enhancements done on AWS services based on KloudGin requirements.